Sheet Metal Worker: Five (5) Year Apprenticeship Program
Any questions regarding the program can be directed to the Sheet Metal Apprentice Office at 816.353.0038.
Next Test Date is April 20, 2021 - Application Deadline is April 15, 2021
AN APPLICATION FEE OF $50.00 MUST BE WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. Cash, Money Order, Debit or Credit (no personal checks accepted).
Sheet Metal Workers fabricate and install metal ducts, which are used in ventilating, air conditioning, and heating systems. They also fabricate and install a wide variety of other products made form thin metal sheets, such as roofing and siding, commercial stainless steel kitchen equipment, partitions, sheet metal shelves in industrial establishments, store fronts and chutes used for movement of material. Sheet metal workers cut the metal with hand snips, power shears, and other types of cutting tools.
- Age- 18 years of age (Proof of age required, valid Drivers License must be submitted at time of application.)
- Applicant must be able to perform essential job functions of the trade , with due regard to aptitude, attitude, personal characteristics, and shall be subject to a medical examination and a urinalysis test for drugs prior to being employed. Any applicant who has a positive urinalysis test, or who refuses to take such a test, will not be admitted. The Apprenticeship Fund will pay for the cost of the urinalysis and physical.
- Must live in the jurisdiction of the Apprentice and Journeyman Training Fund of Sheet Metal Workers Local Union #2.
- All applicants will be subject to an exam administered by the Business and Technology Center. The test will be over the following:
- Numerical Skills-designed to assess basic numerical skills in performance of operations with whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and basic word problems involving arithmetic.
- Elementary Algebra-designed to assess skills commonly acquired in the first high school algebra course.
- Reading Skills-measures reading comprehension.
- Spatial Relations-measures the ability to visualize a three dimensional object from a two dimensional pattern, and visualize how this product would look if rotated in space.
- Mechanical Aptitude-paper and pencil test that measures the ability to understand the basic mechanical principals of machinery, tools, and motion
The time required for an applicant to complete all of these tests listed above is approximately 3 hours. All persons must have a photo ID at the time of testing. (No Exceptions)
APPLICATIONS: WHEN AND WHERE TO APPLY
Applications may be picked up Monday thru Friday during normal business hours 8:00 AM till 4:00 PM.
All applications must be returned to the Apprentice office at 9703 East 53rd St. Raytown, Mo 64133. Applications will be accepted Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, year round. Application fee must be submitted with the application, no exceptions. For further information you may contact our office at 816.353.0038.
Selection of apprentices under this program is made on the basis of qualifications alone as set forth in the approved standards and selection procedures of the Joint Apprenticeship Committee for the trade. All applicants are afforded equal opportunity, without regard to race, religion, color, sex or national origin. The Sheet Metal Joint Apprenticeship Committee is responsible for final selection and placement of apprentices.
Sheet Metal Workers Local 2 Wage Package
ATTENTION: THE NUMBER OF PLACEMENTS WILL DEPEND UPON THE ECONOMY
|Total Fringe Package
|Total Wage Package
Apprentice starting wage is 45% of Journeyman rate
Pension Plan 55 years of age and 30 years of service full retirement
Health Care for entire family for one cost
Guaranteed Hourly Wage